House fire in Naoma claimed 2 story home

Local - 1/5/2014 5:49 PM by Rachael Cardin

NAOMA - A group of locals have banded together to help a family of 5 who lost their newly remodeled home to a fire.

A 2 story home on Coal River Rd. in Naoma went up in flames on Saturday and was believed to be caused by something electrical. Witnesses and family members told Newswatch that nobody was home at the start of the fire, and their dog was removed from the house unharmed. Family members of the victims, as well as friends and community members are collecting donations to help this family. Clothes, personal items, furniture and funds can be dropped off at Coal River Mountain Watch on Coal River Road, across from the Naoma Post Office. The victims are already so thankful to the community for all they have done.

Sister-in-law to the victims said, "the community has gave back, I mean we're a small community and when something happens, I guess they all come together and they're very thankful. We can't thank the firefighters enough because they was here within 10 minutes, and you know, they did their job and we're thankful for them."

To find out more about how you can help this family, you can call Niki Meadows at 304-854-4033.


Community


Member Submitted