Fire in Princewick Destroys House

Local - 12/1/2012 7:10 PM by Rebecca Turco

A fire from Friday night left a Princewick man's house in ruins.

The fire started just after 8 pm at Frazier Thompson's house on Alabaster Lane. Officials say the Volunteer Fire Departments of Coal City, Sophia Area, and Rhodell responded to the scene.

Firefighters said they believe the fire started in Thompson's wood stove, but the incident is still under investigation.

Neighbors said Thompson was at home when the fire began, and ran outside for help. Jennifer Farley said she's upset that her neighbor lost almost everything in the fire, including two cats and a dog.

Neighbors have started an online fund through the website PayPal to help raise money for Thompson. They even started a Facebook group titled, "Frazier 'Punkin' Thompson's House Fire Relief Fund."

 


Community


Member Submitted